We want to assure clients and families of The Hearing House that we are committed to keeping you safe and prepared. We will continue to do the best we can in the changing circumstances. We will monitor events and update our communication and processes as necessary. Be well, stay safe and reach out as needed. As we move through the different levels The Hearing House, as always, can be contacted by telephone and emails will be cleared. To date we remain at Level 3 status.
At Level 3 status:
When The Hearing House moves to Level 3 travel will be limited meaning you come to The Hearing House ONLY if there are no other alternatives. All consultations will continue to be carried out by phone or teleconference:
· There will be non-face-to-face consultations as needed.
· In urgent cases specific arrangements will be made by The Hearing House with you directly.
· In all circumstances those over 70 years of age, either clients or people accompanying them, are not to come to The Hearing House. Those who have other immune compromised health conditions should also not come in.
The ESSENTIAL SERVICES The Hearing House will continue to provide includes:
1) Aiming to keep every one “on the air” and hearing with well-functioning technology
· You can contact Cochlear Australia & New Zealand to replace parts under warranty or to purchase direct (see below). Med El and Advanced Bionics users should contact The Hearing House directly.
· We can send parts not under warranty from clinic stock and make plans for delivering.
2) Providing information about who to contact if there is a medical concern, such as a swollen or infected surgery site. Our clinic phone will be monitored during business hours.
3) Making tele-conferencing available for therapy or emergency audiology consultations.
At Level 2 status:
Those over 70 years of age, either clients or people accompanying them, are not to come to The Hearing House. Those who have other immune compromised health conditions should also not come in. Of course social distancing and good hygiene must be observed.
Contact The Hearing House during normal business hours. We will help you with your needs and provide the ESSENTIAL SERVICES.
To contact The Hearing House
By phone: 0800 254 783 toll free or 09 579 2333
By email: For adults, email AdultCI@hearinghouse.co.nz
For children, email PaediatricCI@hearinghouse.co.nz
In addition to phone communication, The Hearing House has access to Skype, Facetime, Zoom and Messenger. Those who have iPhones or iPads can use Facetime. Those with Android devices should have access to all the other conferencing tools. Call or email to request a video conference.
Communicating with Cochlear or Setting up a Cochlear Account
The Cochlear Youtube channel and the support website have a lot of great information on a number of topics:
If you have not already, set up an account at Cochlear https://mycochlear.com
By phone: Cochlear toll free phone 0800-444-819 (10:00-5:30)
By email: email@example.com
Clients with Med El and Advanced Bionics devices can access troubleshooting information and make direct purchases from the websites